By Dr. Soroush Khoshroo
What is Active Release Technique?
• Active Release Technique (ART) is a soft tissue system/movement based massage technique that treats problems with tissues of the body such as muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves.
• Abnormal tissues are treated by combining precisely directed tension with very specific patient movements. It’s designed to maximize the release of tension/pressure in each individual tissue and at the same time break up scar tissue.
• The treatment is individualized and specific for every tissue
• There are over 500 moves or treatment protocols for different tissues in the body
What conditions are treated by ART?
• Back pain
• Carpal tunnel syndrome
• Shin splints
• Shoulder pain and rotator cuff pathology
• Plantar fasciitis
• Achilles tendinopathy
• Knee pain
• Tennis elbow
How effective is ART in treating musculoskeletal conditions?
It is very effective especially when combined with joint mobilization/manipulation, other manual therapy techniques, taping, and exercises. A combination of all of these techniques is utilized by the practitioners at QubeCore to maximize the therapeutic effects for a given condition.
Is there a certification requirement to offer ART?
YES. Practitioners must have completed over 500 treatment moves or “protocols” in three separate ART certification courses in lower extremity, upper extremity, and spine.
Dr. Soroush Khoshroo at QubeCore Sports & Rehab offers Active Release Technique – ART in North Vancouver for a wide range of injures and conditions. To book your appointment, call 604.210.2274 or simply BOOK ONLINE.