By Samira Amini
Acupuncture can prevent the development of diabetes by decreasing the risk factors involved with the onset of Type ll diabetes.
Some of the risk factors include:
– Stress: Research has linked high levels of lifetime stress to an increased risk of developing type ll diabetes. Acupuncture is an effective treatment for stress relief and mental health management by sedating the nervous system and lowering blood pressure.
– Obesity: Acupuncture helps with weight loss goals by optimizing the function of the digestive system, increasing metabolism, and decreasing appetite and unhealthy cravings.
– Sleep deprivation: Sleep deprivation is a significant risk factor for Type II Diabetes. Acupuncture can increase the quality and the duration of sleep by improving the organs function, regulating hormone production, and sedating the nervous system.
How can you manage Type II Diabetes?
Acupuncture can manage the symptoms of diabetes which are caused mostly by peripheral neuropathy (nerve damage) as a result of high blood glucose.
These symptoms include:
– Muscle weakness, numbness, tingling, and pain.
– Skin problems and recurrent infections
– Excessive sweat
– Bowel, bladder, and digestive problems
– Excessive thirst, fatigue, and sudden weight change
Acupuncture and it’s related techniques can manage these symptoms by improving organ function, enhancing the immune system, decreasing inflammation, and elevating the production of some neurohormones and neurotransmitters.
QubeCore Sports & Rehab offers Acupuncture services in North Vancouver for a wide range of injuries and conditions.
To book your appointment with our experienced Acupuncturist, Samira Amini, call 604.210.2274 or simply BOOK ONLINE